Caught Myself Bitching Again
Today did not start off so hot. Shall we run down the reasons?
1) I had a meeting last night that didn’t allow me to get back to my apartment till 1am.
2) Said meeting was held on the 6th floor of a historic building that only has air conditioning on the 19th floor, and I had to wear a tuxedo (and it wasn’t even my wedding or prom, eww).
3)When I got back, I couldn’t help but check email, ebay, and sports till 2am.
4) Somehow forgot that I sweated my ass off and needed to take a shower still at 2am.
5) Woke up from only sleeping 4.5 hours feeling like a load of shit with two throbbing knees from running like a mad man in central park on Tuesday.
6)Walked to my car then suddenly realized I didn’t move my car yesterday so I got a parking ticket (which should mean $10 down the drain, but for some reason states it’s $25 down the drain).
7) People driving either like reckless idiots or retired old people on I-95 made the commute excruciatingly frustrating.
8) Had to park waaay on the other side of the parking lot because of said commute making me late.
9) Finally reached my cube and turned on my computer and thought, “well at least it’s Friday”, then looked over at my calendar to realize that it’s actually Thursday. (crap!!)
As I held my head in disgust, my cubicle neighbor, this overweight woman who usually tells corny jokes and laughs at the weirdest things mumbled something to me. “What did you say?” I asked her.
“My mother would have been 85 today had she been alive” she answered. “She passed away when she was 69.”
“Oh I see. I’m sorry to hear that.” I muttered feeling like an idiot for making her repeat her statement.
“It’s ok” she answered without the slightest bit of sorrow. “She always said that she didn’t want to outlive her hair or her teeth.” she said with a chuckle. I couldn’t help but laugh with her.
“If I lived by the same policy, I wouldn’t even make it close to 40!” as I pointed to the hair that I had left on my head and numerous fillings in my teeth. She laughed back at me. “I’m sure your mother has nice hair and teeth up in heaven right now.”
“Thank you John” she answered seemingly touched. I then called my Momma and Dad, and told them to drive carefully on their early weekend trip and that I loved them.
I really have to stop bitching so much.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home